Interactive web programming hall of fame…
- Block Dodger from Matt Ball – nice clean simple HTML5 graphics, falling blocks game, particularly like “Shrinkers” (shrink your paddle).
- Goblin Grabber from Jethro Dew – chase the goblins, avoid the baddies, smooth game with on-screen controls for those on touchpad devices. Auto-posts to twitter if you authenticate (nice way to check I was doing my marking, Jethro:-)
- RunnerMan from Matt Harrison-Jones the platform game of DOOM – clean design, smooth game mechanics, even has a debug mode
- Dragons at Dawn by Josh Jordan fly your dragon! shoot fireballs!
- Learn Welsh Quickly by Nick Maher an excellently designed teach-yourself-welsh site with several games – hangman, drag and drop vocab builders and more
- Ministar Galactica by Matt Robbins a space shooter which even has friendly ships that come and fight alongside you.
We had an in-class vote today to choose a favourite; the online poll suffered a bit from vote rigging though.
Final choice was decided by a show of hands. What’s your favourite?